Off-Grid Europe, a Pfullendorf, Germany based company (with an office in Senegal) is looking for an electrical engineer to join our Pfullendorf team.
Off-Grid Europe is a constantly evolving company. We design and build off-grid solar PV, wind and battery driven solutions for emerging markets, and we use this knowledge to build our own products to better meet the needs of these markets. We are currently building and installing 120 off-grid solar PV shipping container systems in villages in Senegal in partnership with the German and Senegal governments. These three-phase solutions range from 82 to 232 kWh 48VDC battery and 15 to 45 kWp solar PV. Every container includes our custom monitoring and control system, known as the “Off Grid Controller”, which provides us with an added layer of flexibility when designing and managing our systems. We do all of our work in-house, including: writing software, designing wiring schematics, building electrical systems, and creating custom installation and transport solutions for the off-grid markets we serve.
We are looking for a mix (doesn’t have to be exclusive) of the following skills:
- A future-orientated Electrical Engineer who has a broad range of skills and aptitude to learning new things
- Experience designing and building single-phase and three-phase AC systems with current up to 1000A
- Experience designing and building DC systems from 48v-1000v DC with current up to 1000A
- Ability to draw diagrams in platforms such as SolidWorks, AutoCad or equivalent
- Ability and willingness to learn platform specific firmware to assist in configuration
- Ability to set up Modbus, Canbus or other communication methods where components exchange data in real time
- Understanding of prototyping platforms such as Raspberry, Arduino and edge-computing systems
- Ability to think across platforms, use existing technology and design electrical products with low cost and high reliability
- Experience working with lithium batteries and BMS
- Experience designing electronic circuits, and designing and testing PCBAs
- Experience working with microcontrollers and linux systems
- Understanding of technical standards and regulations for HV/LV electrical systems and/or batteries
- You will be a key member of the product development team
- You will design, build, test and evaluate the electrical and/or electronic circuitry of our products
- You will work on projects to design, build and integrate our new battery/inverter systems
- You will work on the electrical designs of our off-grid energy systems
- You will work independently, with other electrical engineers and with other professions to deliver products
More than anything, we are looking for people who can work independently with a simple brief, who can communicate with our steel workshop, electricians and programmers, manufacturers and ensure systems are cohesive and targets can be achieved.
Our day-to-day work is stressful, fun and challenging. You are expected to work the hours required to solve the problems you are tasked with. You will have options to travel if you wish. You are minimum bi-lingual in English and German.
The job is available to begin right away and we have very exciting projects in the pipeline. If you feel this is for you, please send your CV and covering letter to CTO Mark Kragh email@example.com
The Off-Grid Europe Team