At BMW Car IT, a wholly owned subsidiary of BMW AG, we live and breathe software. We design and implement embedded software for the electronic control units of the BMW cars as well as related tools and frameworks.
The infotainment system, with its many external interfaces (e.g. LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB) and high software complexity, has a large attack surface. We, as automotive security engineers, work passionately to protect our cars from attackers.
We need your help to secure the infotainment system against attacks, no matter if they come over the air or from attackers with physical access to the vehicle.
What awaits you?
- As part of our engineering team, you will solve challenging problems to shape the future of automotive security and make BMW products even more secure.
- You will design, implement, and configure security features across multiple layers of our systems starting from hardware, touching the kernel up to end-user applications.
- Your daily work includes software development and Linux system configuration. Moreover, you bring platform security features to our software integration and build systems as well as the continuous integration environment.
- Due to the high complexity of modern connected cars, you can apply your knowledge in hardware security, application security, cryptography, network security, and other security domains.
- You support other teams to analyze potential security issues in a structured way and suggest technological as well as organizational measures to improve the security of our customer features.