Roche Diagnostics Automation Solutions (RDA), formerly Roche PVT, in greater Stuttgart is one of Roche's competence centers for the development and production of laboratory automation systems. The automation solutions from Roche Diagnostics play a key role in making laboratory results quickly and safely accessible to doctors and patients. At RDA, we bring all technical disciplines together to develop the next generation of laboratory automation systems. Starting in mid-2020, we will consolidate our current three sites in Ludwigsburg.
As a Software Project Leader (m/f/d) you will be involved in interdisciplinary development and maintenance projects at our RDA Competence Center in Kornwestheim. You will manage software sub-projects for our established core products. You will work closely with project management, other engineering and test departments and external development partners. You are part of a matrix organization, coordinate within the discipline and have international interfaces to other development locations. With your strong interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills, you will contribute to a constructive, result-oriented environment.
What does this position entails?
- You like the challenge of running your own small business by taking the technical lead of a project team.
- You will lead the tasks of unit specification, design, implementation and unit testing of software systems. In doing so, you will take care of close coordination with the necessary internal specialists such as requirements engineers, system testers, risk and configuration managers, DevOps and usability engineers.
- You provide appropriate tools, methods and processes, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Release, within the software development environment.
- You create the conditions for a suitable agile software development process according to SCRUM and adapt it to the requirements of each situation.
- You and your team will conduct feasibility studies and represent the software discipline in the overall coordination and planning process.
- You ensure conformity with the defined processes for medical devices and ensure the generation of the necessary documentation and compliance requirements.
- You will contribute towards finding the necessary resources and ensure compliance with project delivery dates in terms of scope, quality and budget.
- You will become part of a project management team with representatives from Germany, Switzerland and Spain, you will help shape the project and take joint responsibility for its success. Thereby you have a lot of opportunities to exchange ideas, to learn and to profit from the experiences of others.
- You enjoy collaborating in project team in cross-functional activities such as Global Customer Support, external companies, suppliers and Operations to find the best approach for your project.
- You lead people laterally in accordance coporate culture, Roche values, Roche core competencies and leadership commitments.
- You challenge and encourage the powerful project team to achieve the desired results. You offer focus and direction to successfully manage ambiguity and complexity.
- You create a team spirit to successfully complete projects and foster a working environment in which it is possible.
- You accomplish a work environment by creating a stimulating and motivating work place.
What else awaits you:
- Our R&D site is characterized by dynamism and agility. We have clear goals in mind and plenty of room for creativity thanks to our medium-sized company, but at the same time we have the security that the Roche Group gives us.
- RDA employees are asked to contribute courageous and unconventional ideas and thus actively shape the success of the company.
- We are passionate about our work and motivated by what we do: Doing now what patients need next
To be successful in this role you have:
- Completed Master degree in informatics or comparable field of study, e.g. engineering or Bachelor degree with many years of experience.
- Proven experience in project management of software projects.
- Experience in the development of embedded or robot systems (operating in Linux) is an advantage.
- Strong analytical and solution-oriented mindset in combination with strong negotiating skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and German.
Please upload your current CV, letter of motivation and relevant certificates / references. Before sending your application, please note that no further documents can be added subsequently.
Contact us for questions!
We are pleased that you are considering Roche as a potential employer! Our FAQ will help you with various questions regarding the application process.
With people. For people.
Do you need further support? Our Talent Acquisition Team is available for you by phone from Monday till Friday from 9-12 a.m. and from 1-4 p.m. at +49 621-759 68642. We are looking forward helping you!
We look forward to receiving your application!